Monday, October 25, 2010

I agree with Sir Ken Robinson's video about students and how they are learning.  I think students should be split into groups not by age, but by how smart they are.  You would put the students who are best in one subject in one group so they can learn other subjects together.  When they tested the toddlers  and asked them questions about paperclips, they had 98%.  As they got older, the percentage decreased.  I thought they would have started lower than 98% and increase as they get older and more smart.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog, Kayla. You're so lucky to be taking this Web 2.0 class. I jump at opportunities to learn more about tech. In fact, I'll be attending a National Foreign Language conference in Boston in November to learn about more 21st century technology which teachers can use in the classrooms. I totally agree with children learning faster than adults. I've seen it!!! They say that our students in Kindergarten can master technology at a faster rate than older children. The same is true about foreign lanugage acquisition. A number of years ago, I taught Adult Ed Spanish at BHS. It was funny seeing my elderly students relying on other languages and not complelely grasping the newer language.
    Keep up the great work, Kayla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms. Price. It is amazing how little childern can be more smart at many things than older students. But as they get older, they aren't as smart because of the learning process in the schools.

    ReplyDelete